Winter Turkeys

Winter Turkeys
Winter Turkeys

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me

Bruce gave me a Spa Day for my birthday this year. It took a few weeks to coordinate our schedules, but my Spa Day partner, Kati, and I finally found a day that worked for both of us (and the weather) and enjoyed some pampering at the Coeur d'Alene Resort and Spa.


There are many spas in the CdA/Spokane area, but Kati and I are kind of stuck on the CdA Resort. You'll see why in the photos below.

After you hand off your vehicle to the valet, you walk into the lobby and immediately feel relaxed as you gaze into the giant aquarium with beautiful koi swimming lazily about.



Kati wondered if they ever get bored. I think we humans are their entertainment.

Then you walk into the spa. After checking in, you head up the stairs to paradise.


CdA Resort prides itself in its incorporation of water, wood and stone elements throughout the resort and spa. It definitely makes for a tranquil, serene environment.


At the top of the stairs is a long hallway, and waiting at the end of it is a welcoming greeter ready to usher you into the inner sanctuary.

Once you're in your thick, comfy robe and slippers, you are free to lounge in the beautiful waiting area until your masseuse arrives to take you back to the room where the magic happens.


The sound of the water feature gently lulls you into a state of repose.


At this visit, I received a luxurious 75 minute Swedish massage followed by a 25 minute Vitamin C facial. Heaven!

In between treatments, I sat sipping my water infused with lime, lemon and strawberries and gazed out over the marina and lake. I could have sat there for hours.


Kati and I met up in the lounge after our treatments and chatted for awhile until our stomachs told us it was time to eat. Reluctantly, we made our way back into the real world and headed to Bardenay for a delicious lunch.



Bruce even got my leftover french fries to go with his steak dinner that night. Thank you Bruce and Kati for a wonderful birthday celebration. Until next year!!!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's what I call a Birthday Gift!! Happy belated Birthday to you Tami!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Birthday Tamara! Sounds like you had an awesome day! -Glo

    ReplyDelete