Winter Turkeys

Winter Turkeys
Winter Turkeys

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Papa

I recently found out that my Papa, who lives in California, has cancer. Luckily, it appears to be in Stage 1 (yay!) and is confined to one nasty tumor. He'll be having surgery soon, and he and my step-mom, Marie, and their sweet little dog, Angel, will need some assistance. My sisters and I will be taking turns helping out.


Papa loves to mug for the camera. As soon as he sees someone ready to take a picture, he must hear an invisible director yell "Action!" He's been this way for as long as I can remember. Our home movies are quite entertaining.




Here he is doing the Fish Face. Everyone in our family had to learn how to do it.







      Acting drunk on Father's Day 2010.
      I think he'd had about three sips of
      beer.












I'm not even sure what to say about this one.










I do have some "normal" pictures of my Papa. If you ask him, he'll  suppress the urge to mug and smile like a regular person. This was taken on Father's Day, 2011.








Here we are right before I moved to Idaho.













And this is my Papa and Marie on his 87th birthday. What a good lookin' couple!



My Papa's been the best dad in the whole world. I'm more than ready to be by his side as he rides over this little bump in the road. Cancer - get ready to have your butt kicked!

1 comment:

  1. I just love your Papa Tamara, he is such a hoot! We are so happy to hear it is stage 1 - what a blessing! I know he will be so happy to have you by his side as he kicks this cancer's butt... and I will be very happy to see my dear friend again :-)

    Love you, Deb

    ReplyDelete