Winter Turkeys

Winter Turkeys
Winter Turkeys

Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Typical Day

People often ask me what a typical day is up here in the INW. While I don't really have a "typical" day, here's an idea of how life goes...

We started off today with a nice long walk. The snow is really starting to melt off, so no more slipping and sliding on ice.



Our neighbor dogs, Colt and Remy, ran out to say "Hey" to Teddy.



















Down the road a ways, we heard alarms sounding in a neighbor's house that is up for sale. No one seemed to be around and no smoke was pouring out. Bruce called the realtor and left a message to let him know. Teddy didn't understand why we were just standing around.

Um, I have things to sniff. Let's get going.
On the road again...



We walked past one of the other houses we looked at in this neighborhood before we bought our cabin. Nice enough inside, but not really our style...



On the way home, the hound in Teddy really came alive. Nose to the ground, he dragged Bruce back and forth and round and round.



















When we got home, we found Sera and Shadow waiting for us.

"Our house is a very, very, very fine house
With two cats in the yard..."
"Thanks for the walk, Dad!"



















Next, I headed upstairs to listen to Lecture 7 for the Hillsdale College online course I'm taking on C. S. Lewis.



 OK, lecture is over. Time for the quiz!



What? Dang it. I missed one.

























Meanwhile, Bruce was feeding wild turkeys in the backyard. He recently counted over thirty girls and a dozen boys.





Gee, I wonder why there are so many turkeys?

On to my latest sewing project - a Christmas card holder. I hope to have it done by December :-) And this means that I expect Christmas cards from all of you!



I already finished blanket stitching the letters on the "Christmas" panel...

















I apparently invented a new stitch. I showed my work to my mentor, Peggy, and she said the border isn't supposed to show on a blanket stitch. I misunderstood her instructions. However, she liked it! She said it looked really good and made the letters have a three dimensional quality.

So I present to you...the Yami stitch!

Now I'm going to start work on the letters in the "Merry" panel. Once that's done, Peggy and I will sew on the backing with the batting and then add the top. There is an end in sight...


Add in exercise, housework, yard work, driving into town to grocery shop and get the mail, or an occasional trip to Coeur d'Alene or Sandpoint, and you have an idea as to how we pass the time around here.

Oops, time to make supper. Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Nice post and Teddy is adorable! He is one lucky dog!
    -Glo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Glo! And we're lucky to have found Teddy!

      Delete