Winter Turkeys

Winter Turkeys
Winter Turkeys

Monday, August 12, 2013

A Great Plenty

We decided to harvest our potatoes and onions the other day to make room in the bed for more crops. The dill was also starting to go to seed, so I cut the tallest stalks for drying. And then there were a few stray scallions in the way, so up they came as well. By the time I was done, my basket was full.

Note to self: use bigger basket next time

I love potatoes. That's why I moved to Idaho. OK, it's one of the reasons. There's something magical about reaching down into the soil and pulling out a big red tater. The onions were on the small side, but beautiful nonetheless.


















We have enough fresh dill to use for awhile, so this new harvest will be dried. It is so fragrant! Maybe I should make some potpourri out of it. My clothes could smell like pickles.



We also have about six blueberry bushes growing next to our house. Bruce goes out every morning and picks fresh blueberries for breakfast.














What's for breakfast: Greek yogurt with melon and fresh blueberries.

We're looking forward to finishing our garden and having a bountiful harvest next season. As Bruce's Grandma Pete used to say, "a great plenty!"

1 comment: