Winter Turkeys

Winter Turkeys
Winter Turkeys

Friday, May 20, 2016

Dad's Visit - Week One

Rocking on the front porch is a favorite activity of our guests, and Dad is no exception. Angel likes it too. Listening to the chimes, birds, and wind in the pines seems to slow everything down.



One of our first suppers included Bang Bang Shrimp, the dish I made with Gay. It turned out pretty darn good, except the cornstarch coating fell off a lot of the shrimp. I think I put too much on. I guess I'll just have to try it again!



Dad and Bruce had no problem with the meal, which included pot stickers. I'm getting hungry...



On Tuesday, I took Dad with me to Coeur d'Alene to do the monthly shopping. I wanted him to see Lake Coeur d'Alene, so we drove straight to the new McKuen Park to take a walk and look at the sights.

A huge houseboat was being launched at the dock next to the Coeur d'Alene Resort, right next to the park.



















And then, Dad fell. He was walking a few feet in front of me, and didn't see some shallow steps on the walkway. Luckily, he fell on the grass. Two helpful people rushed over to provide assistance. Nothing was broken, and Dad insisted he was OK. After brushing him off, we walked over to the railing.



A few minutes later, Dad pointed to his hamstring and said "That doesn't feel so good". After determining he did not want to go to the ER or go home right away, we decided that I would go ahead with the shopping and he would wait for me in the car. Not a good way to start off the visit!

We decided to lay low for a few days and have Dad take it easy. Muscle relaxers and heating pads seem to be doing the trick. The dogs are getting along just fine...


Pretty much ignoring each other.

Dad and Angel are enjoying the sunshine (when it's not cloudy or raining).

Notice Prisoner Scout

We needed to get out of the house, so we took a country drive north of our neighborhood. Bruce and I have lived up here for 3 1/2 years now, and although we have had our share of moose in our yard, we've never seen them out in one of the many marsh areas or lakes in this area. Finally...



we saw a mama moose slogging through a marsh, and her baby was running down the middle of the road in front of us. (I couldn't get a good photo of the baby. You'll just have to trust me). There's a strong probability that this is the same mama and baby that have been in our yard. Moose can cover a lot of miles, looking for food and water.

We traveled on, enjoying the pastoral scenes and wild life.










Angel has a princess seat and really enjoyed being chauffeured through the countryside. She alternated between sleeping and looking out the window.




Getting ready for another nap

Beefalo - yum! I'm getting hungry...

A few days later, Dad and I visited Peggy's for lunch.


Dad sitting in Peggy's livingroom

Angel got to get in Daddy's lap after we ate

Peggy and Dad reminisced about their favorite childhood foods

After lunch, we showed Dad the infamous sewing room

We had a lot of fun at Peggy's, as always. I'll go back soon to do some sewing. Dad has given us a project - making new "sails" for one of his garden whirligigs.

Back at the house, we have just been puttering around, reading, taking naps and letting Dad's sore muscles continue to heal. Angel has found a nice warm spot for outdoor viewing and naps.



To be continued...

















No comments:

Post a Comment