Winter Turkeys

Winter Turkeys
Winter Turkeys

Monday, May 16, 2016

Quick Trip to California, Part III

We rose in the wee hours and headed north, stopping at Shasta Lake to stretch our legs. So good to see the lake full again!



Angel wasn't so sure about what was going on, but she seemed to be enjoying herself.



That first glimpse of Mount Shasta was just as exciting going back the other way!



We took 97 off of I-5 and stopped at Grass Lake, Oregon for lunch. Dad tried one of the Chocolate Pecan Caramel Rice Krispie treats that Gay and I made.



The verdict?


Thumbs Up!

We stayed in Bend, Oregon that night, and ate supper at Black Bear Diner. Dad was all business.



The next day we continued on 97 through the beautiful high desert of Eastern Oregon. Dad took photos of Mount Hood and Mount St. Helens as I drove (that's for you, Debra).




I wanted to take more photos of the awesome high desert, but I knew my camera would not do it justice. You really just have to experience it yourself. Please put it on your bucket list. Take 97 from I-5 through Oregon to I-84 and the Columbia River Gorge. The panoramic views of pasture, valleys, mountains and rock formations are breathtaking.

And, suddenly, I was home! And Bruce and Dad and Angel were yukkin' it up on the front porch.



Stay tuned for tales of Dad's and Angel's adventures in Northern Idaho.




No comments:

Post a Comment